Slider

Part 5: "What can you see?" A trip to Hamburg, Germany and Salzburg, Austria

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Over the holiday break, I had the wonderful pleasure of travelling to Hamburg, Germany and Salzburg, Austria! With the "What Can You See?" project reaching new heights and expanding worldwide, I thought this trip would also be a perfect opportunity to take pictures of my new surroundings and create a new digital book for this incredible project! Not only will this book shed light on new countries, but my hope is that it will elicit new dialogue between classes and hopefully inspire others to create new digital books from their travels or even their cultural backgrounds!


After talking about my trip with my students, a lot of questions came up around what Germany and Austria looked like and I know they are very eager to see my pictures! It's so nice to say that I'm finally back to the blogsphere and checking off my "to-do" list of blog posts that I'm excited to share! Here is one of many!

I hope you enjoy watching this new "What Can You See?" video and I welcome any comments, questions, connections to be made below! 

Don't forget to check out our common sharing space for the "What Can You See?" project and watch new books being posted regularly from around our region, province, country and world! 






2 comments:

  1. Wednesday, January 23, 2013

    Dear Ms. Schmidt,

    We are a kindergarten class at Forest Run Public School in Vaughan, Ontario. We recently discovered the “What Can You See?” Project on Ms. Babalis’ website. When we read your book “What Can You See? A trip to Hamburg, Germany and Salzburg, Austria” on the smart board we were excited to share our connections, compliments, and wonderings.

    Connections
    A.H.: That Ferris Wheel reminds me of Wonderland.
    N.Z.: That looks like Mexico. I went there in December. It reminds me of how the houses look the same. Except creepier. The houses were all crumbly and small. There are creepy bugs in the houses in Mexico. There are scorpions there.
    D.D.: I am going to Germany soon to visit my family!
    L.S.: Her book reminds me of going to France.
    D.T.: Those Mountains remind me of where Santa lives! Santa lives in those Mountains.
    M.D.: I have a picture at my home of an animal.
    N.Z.: I like the church. I’ve been to a church before.

    Compliments
    S.W.: I like the picture of the water and the bridge.
    N.Z.: I like everything!
    S.T.: I like the music.
    N.H.: Like clouds.
    Our Class: We like the beautiful photographs of your trip!

    Questions and Comments
    E.U.: I wonder why the road is rectangle stones?
    N.Z.: I am going to make a “I see in Mexico” book from my trip in December.
    A.H.: Can I make a book “What I see when on my cruise in December”?

    Thank you for sharing you book with us.
    We liked it so much we read it twice in a row.

    From,
    Mrs. Walker & Ms. Lambert’s Kindergarten Class
    Forest Run Public School
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Walker & Ms. Lambert's Kindergarten Class,

      Thank you for watching my "What Can You See?" book to Germany and Austria and for writing me such a wonderful letter! I am so glad you liked my book!

      I was happy to read all of your wonderful connections and compliments! I think it is really cool that a lot of your students have travelled to many different places in the world too like Mexico and France! I had a lot of fun on my trip.

      My favourite part about your comments was that some of you are going to make your own "What Can You See?" trip books! I am really excited to read them and share them with my Kindergarten class.

      Thank you for sharing with me and I look forward to seeing your What Can You See books!

      From,
      Ms. Schmidt

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan