Slider

Thoughtful Connections to Summer Clouds

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's hard to believe that the summer is almost coming to an end. I had made myself a promise once school ended to take a break from blogging and focus on what has been quite a large "to-do" list full of personal, social and professional goals! I'm happy to say that I've accomplished a lot of what I had set out for myself this summer...but it's funny how new inspirations, ideas and conversations can add to all the incredible things that I still want to cover before summer concludes and school begins! Thankfully, a lot of these wonderful new ideas can be carried into the school year and it brings me much excitement since I know this year will be full of great things!
Photo taken by Chris Hale
I know I'm kind of "breaking" the promise to myself by blogging now (since there are still two weeks left before we're welcoming new smiling faces into our classrooms), but I couldn't help it! I wanted to share a few photographs that have been shared with me over the course of the summer that have truly shown me the power of sharing our journey!



In short, our Cloud Inquiry was certainly a highlight of our year last year (with many previous blog posts shared). The reason why I'm sharing these photographs is because I found it to be incredibly inspiring when colleagues that are part of my Professional Learning Network (PLN) on Twitter connected to our journey, felt inspired, and shared their own cloud discoveries with me!


 
Photos taken by Angie Harrison


 Photos taken by Chris Hale

 Photos taken by Shelley Walker



 As a way of signing off (for only a short amount of time), I wish everyone a wonderful, restful and relaxing final two weeks! As we begin to prep our classrooms for another year, remember, 
"The true strength in our classroom lies in the collaboration of learners, 
not in the knowledge of one expert" - Krissy Venosdale. 

A big thank you to Angie Harrison, Shelley Walker and Chris Hale who took the time to not only think of our team and journey, but capture and share such beautiful photographs of one of Mother Nature's many wonderments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan